Russell F. Cox, president and CEO of Norton Healthcare, recently joined the “Fireside Chat” podcast to talk about the increase in telehealth visits, characteristics of a leader in a crisis and the fundamentals of learning from the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Fireside Chat” is a weekly podcast hosted by Gary Bisbee, Ph.D., co-founder and executive chairman of the Health Management Academy. It focuses on discussing how leading health system CEOs and health care leaders are navigating the evolving health care landscape while leading high-performing teams and driving innovation across the industry.
In addition, Russ discusses:
- The culture of Norton Healthcare
- Strategic initiatives before the COVID-19 outbreak and how they’ve been impacted
- The communication strategy behind COVID-19 video updates
- Examining the way we define elective surgeries
- The economic outlook for the remainder of 2020 and beyond
- His background and how it helped make him the leader he is today
Listen to the episode now or on major podcast platforms such as Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify and Google Play.