The Norton Center for Abdominal and Digestive Surgery is a partnership between Norton Hospital and the University of Louisville. The complexity of abdominal and digestive diseases requires a multidisciplinary team approach that includes advanced surgical, interventional, medical and endoscopic therapies. Led by a team of specialized physicians, the center offers innovative and specialized treatment methods and comprehensive quality-of-life care for patients with abdominal and digestive diseases and cancers.
We treat diseases of the:
- Gastrointestinal system
- Biliary tract
- Advanced laparoscopic/robotic resections (esophagus, liver, pancreas, bowel)
- Irreversible electroporation for locally advanced liver and pancreatic cancers
- Precision-targeted hepatic arterial radioembolization and drug-eluting bead therapies
- Advanced surgical/interventional endoscopy
- Innovative diagnostics, such as endoscopic ultrasound
- State-of-the-art radiation therapy, including TheraSphere and SIR-Spheres, RapidArc radiotherapy, intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), Novalis Tx radiosurgery and TrueBeam STx
Our team includes gastroenterologists, surgical oncologists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, interventional radiologists, genetic counselors and nutritionists. Access to innovative clinical trials that help improve overall quality of life are available in all disease sites.
The Norton Center for Abdominal and Digestive Surgery offers your patients convenient same-day appointments.