Norton Cancer Institute established its Comprehensive Lung Center to focus on early detection, patient-centered care and advanced treatment for lung cancer patients. Led by a team of lung specialists, the center combines four comprehensive components — prevention, screening, diagnosis and treatment — to ensure each eligible patient has access to state-of-the-art lung cancer screening, prompt follow-up appointments and fast-track treatment and support services.
Our Center of Excellence Lung Cancer Screening Program offers low-dose computed tomography (CT) scans, which can detect the smallest tumors, screen for lung cancer in individuals who meet established age and smoking history criteria. The center’s integrated screening component provides two important benefits for your patients:
- Rapid access to a team of specialists if a suspicious finding is detected
- A nurse navigator to help ensure prompt follow-up
Our COE screening program is one of the best in the nation.
2016 screening program statistics
- Kentucky is ranked eighth in the U.S. in logging the most lung screening exams.
- Norton Healthcare performed 28 percent of Kentucky’s lung cancer screenings and 1.5 percent of those in the U.S.
- Appropriateness rate is 98.6 percent — best in the nation
- Tobacco cessation rate is 99.94 percent — best in the nation
For more information or to refer a patient for lung screening or lung cancer treatment, call our navigators Connie Buckley, R.N., and Jenny Frantz, R.N., at (502) 636-8308 or make a referral online here.