Norton Healthcare and UofL Physicians – Pediatrics Integration
Norton Healthcare Services
Norton Children's Services
In October 2019, Norton Healthcare, UofL Physicians – Pediatrics and the University of Louisville School of Medicine officially signed a definitive agreement for a new affiliation. This resulted in the formation of Norton Children’s Medical Group, which will assume operations March 1, 2020, for all existing UofL Physicians – Pediatrics offices, including employing clinical office staff and providers.
We are committed to innovation and education. With this new initiative, Norton Healthcare’s support of UofL’s clinical research and the medical school’s academic mission will continue. These entities collectively recognize the importance of teaching the next generation of pediatric providers, as well as the importance of UofL’s research mission, in growing a regionally and nationally recognized pediatric program.
“Norton Healthcare and the University of Louisville have a long-standing relationship in pediatric services,” said Russell F. Cox, president and CEO of Norton Healthcare. “Our dedicated providers work side by side every day at Norton Children’s Hospital to ensure that our community’s children receive the quality health care they deserve.”
This is just the beginning! We are investing in technology. Future enhancements will include developing an access center so one phone number will get you the referral you need.
As the March 1 integration date approaches, our teams are actively working to make the transition as seamless as possible for your patients.
What This Integration Means
- Improved access. We are committed to improving access and getting your patients in to see a provider faster. We are actively recruiting more than 50 specialists toward this goal.
- Improved care coordination. As of March 1, each patient’s health records (inpatient and outpatient) will be part of Epic, an integrated electronic medical records system. This will improve care coordination and our communication with you, especially through Epic Link, a secure web-based tool that provides real-time access to view your patients’ clinical information.
- New multidisciplinary clinics. New clinics will be added to allow more children to receive the coordinated care they need. We have already opened a Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Clinic and Bowel Management Clinic. Examples of upcoming clinics include:
- Aerodigestive Clinic
- Feeding Tube Clinic
- Vascular Malformation Clinic
- Neurofibromatosis Clinic
- Baclofen Pump Clinic
- Craniosynostosis Clinic
- Extremely Low Birth Weight Clinic
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis Clinic
- Severe Asthma Clinic
- Oncofertility Clinic
- Craniofacial Clinic
Learn more about the affiliation that will combine resources to strengthen and enhance medical care for children.
Learn more about Norton Healthcare executive leaders, medical leaders and board members who provide focused strategic direction that helps to better serve our community.
Norton Children’s Hospital and the Lift a Life Novak Family Foundation today announced the creation of the Wendy Novak Diabetes Institute. A $15 million lead gift from the Lift a Life Novak Family Foundation is the starting point […]Read Full Story
Using 3D, computer-generated spine navigation systems to position implants has transformed spinal surgery. Not only can we place the spinal implants with greater precision, navigation has allowed us to perform more surgeries using a minimally […]Read Full Story
Hunter Utkov Altman, M.D. Pediatrics Daniel R. Bachman, M.D. Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery Stephanie S. Battistini, M.D. Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics Julie K. Doering, M.D. Pediatrics Mehmet E. Guner, M.D. Pediatric Ophthalmology Paulina R. Maida, M.D. Pediatrics […]Read Full Story
Luke A. Beggs, M.D. Orthopedic Sports Medicine Angelo A. Ciliberti Jr., M.D. Rheumatology Amber Z. Deptola, M.D. Internal Medicine Hassan Khan, M.D., MPH Electrophysiology Kathryn J. McCarthy Mullooly, M.D. Spine Surgery Kenechukwu O. Obiokoye, M.D. […]Read Full Story
As a neurogenetic counselor, Preeti T. Desaigoudar, LCGC, educates and supports families through the process of genetic testing and a possible genetic diagnosis. Since a diagnosis can affect many parts of the body, she will […]Read Full Story