Licensed Clinical Social Workers
Norton Healthcare Services
Norton Children's Services
Norton Medical Group and Norton Children’s Medical Group, affiliated with the UofL School of Medicine, are actively hiring licensed clinical social workers for adult and pediatric care positions.
Social workers are an integral part of our multidisciplinary programs offering a variety of mental health therapeutic treatments and case management support. Licensed clinical social workers’ responsibilities and their primary role in a care team will vary by specialty and patient population depending on career interests, experience and available positions.
Within the Norton Healthcare system, our social worker positions offer opportunities to specialize in pediatric or adult patient populations and in inpatient or outpatient care environments. Combinations of case management, counseling, therapy and community resource navigation are available.
Opportunities With Norton Medical Group
Opportunities are available for social workers to provide care for adults in specific outpatient specialty care clinics. The licensed clinical social worker (LCSW credential) works independently as well as collaboratively to evaluate and address patients’ mental health needs in a sophisticated and innovative health care model.
About adult specialty care opportunities for multiple sclerosis/headache:
- Work exclusively with patients diagnosed with chronic neurological conditions, including multiple sclerosis and headache/migraine.
- Experience preferred administering behavioral clinical therapies in a specialized setting.
- Ideal candidates will have an interest in the clinical use of cognitive behavioral therapies, mindfulness-based therapies and biofeedback.
- Assist patients to alleviate stress, anxiety, depression, insomnia and interactions of past traumas to improve the management of their neurological condition.
- Collaborate with an integrative team within a medical setting, including with neurologists, nurse practitioners, doctoral students a clinical psychologist and support staff.
- Work an outpatient-only schedule, Monday through Friday.
To discuss these opportunities, contact Angela Elliott, senior recruiter, providers, Norton Medical Group, at (859) 613-1984.
Opportunities With Norton Children’s Medical Group
Opportunities are available for pediatric social workers to provide care in either a specialty or primary care setting. Social workers within specific outpatient pediatric specialty care clinics will have job duties that align with the clinic’s needs, in addition to the job details below.
About Pediatric Specialty Care Opportunities
Ideal candidates will have a strong interest or prior experience in mental health assessments, crisis interventions, safety planning, brief clinical interventions and providing emotional support for families coping with chronic health conditions.
Social workers in these specialty care positions:
- Assist families in minimizing barriers impeding patient access to medical care and equipment.
- Participate in multidisciplinary clinics with a variety of pediatric subspecialty providers.
- Play an integral role in school advocacy and collaboration on behalf of patient or family.
- Assist with the transition from pediatric care to adult specialty care that is crucial for continuity of care.
- Direct case management and coordination of care, including assessment of basic living needs, health insurance, legal aid assistance, employment support, social benefits programs, guardianship and other alternatives, etc.
- Serve as a resource and community resource navigator.
- Provide counseling and therapy sessions for patients.
About Pediatric Primary Care Opportunities
Social workers in these positions:
- Improve accessibility of quality mental health care.
- Work closely with the child’s primary care provider to offer a team approach to the child’s physical and mental health needs.
- Address the effects trauma can have on behavior and emotions.
- Serve as a strong advocate and ally for LGBTQ+ patients and families.
- Provide case management services for families to discuss services such as food, housing assistance, insurance inquires, legal aid assistance, employment and income support, navigating family court ,and other basic needs.
- Connect patients to community partners for specialized treatment options when necessary.
To discuss these opportunities, contact Tracy Shaughnessy, manager, provider recruitment, Norton Children’s Medical Group, at (502) 609-3672.
Requirements for Licensed Clinical Social Worker Positions
- Master’s degree in social work
- Licensed in Kentucky as a clinical social worker
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
After completing a pair of spinal fellowships in the latest surgical techniques and technologies, Shawn W. Adams, M.D., has joined Norton Leatherman Spine and Norton Neuroscience Institute. Dr. Adams’ fellowships covered complex adult spine, deformity [...]Read Full Story
Recently approved Tzield (teplizumab-mzwv), is delivering breakthrough results that suggest it may delay the onset of Stage 3 Type 1 diabetes by an average of two years. The first-in-class drug is approved for adults and […]Read Full Story
Afrezza inhaled insulin, currently approved for adults, is being tested for children in a clinical trial at Wendy Novak Diabetes Institute, a part of Norton Children’s Endocrinology, affiliated with the UofL School of Medicine. Norton […]Read Full Story
Researchers are recruiting pediatric medulloblastoma patients for a novel use of difluoromethylornithine (DFMO) to prevent relapse. The multisite study, sponsored by the Beat Childhood Cancer Consortium and led by Michael Angelo C. Huang, M.D., pediatric [...]Read Full Story
Butyrate-producing gut bacteria are a promising target for preventing and treating memory loss associated with Alzheimer’s disease, according to research presented recently at the Alzheimer’s Association International Conference (AAIC) in Amsterdam, Netherlands. The research in […]Read Full Story