Licensed Clinical Social Workers
Norton Healthcare Services
Norton Children's Services
Social workers are an integral part of Norton Healthcare’s multidisciplinary programs offering a variety of mental health therapeutic treatments and case management support. Licensed social work responsibilities and their primary role in a care team will vary by specialty and patient population depending on career interests, experience and available positions. Norton is offering social worker jobs with opportunities to specialize in pediatric or adult patient populations; inpatient or outpatient care environment; and combinations of case management, counseling, therapy and community resource navigation are available.
Opportunities With Norton Behavioral Medicine
Norton Behavioral Medicine is a growing interdisciplinary program that provides a wide variety of mental health treatments, including psychosocial, psychiatric and addiction services. Social workers serve as members of an integrated care team of psychiatrists, psychologists and nurse practitioners.
Integrated behavioral health care within primary care is widely considered the most effective and evidence-based strategy for improving outcomes in patients with mental or behavioral conditions. For this reason, Norton Behavioral Medicine works closely with adult primary care providers to blend the expertise of caring for mental health and substance use disorders along with medical care to improve overall health quality for our patients.
About the social worker positions:
- Ideal candidates will have a strong interest or prior experience in psychological assessment, addiction services, cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, and SMART Recovery.
- Provide patient care through virtual platforms and in person.
- Work in a fully integrated model of care alongside a dynamic team committed to providing and building quality mental health services for our Norton Healthcare patients.
- Improve accessibility of quality mental health care services.
- Work closely with each patient’s primary care provider to offer a team approach to physical and mental health needs.
- Provide case management services to address disparities impacting patients’ ability to participate in their mental health care treatment plans.
- Connect patients to community partners for specialized treatment when necessary.
- Candidates will work on a standard Monday through Friday schedule and will have a continuing education allowance, in addition to Norton Healthcare’s competitive benefits package.
Opportunities With Norton Children’s Medical Group
Opportunities are available for pediatric social workers to provide care in either a specialty or primary care setting. Social workers working within specific outpatient pediatric specialty care clinics will have job duties that align with the clinic’s needs, in addition to the job details below.
About pediatric specialty care opportunities:
- Ideal candidates will have a strong interest or prior experience in mental health assessments, crisis interventions, safety planning, brief clinical interventions and providing emotional support for families coping with chronic health conditions.
- Assist families in minimizing barriers impeding patient access to medical care and equipment.
- Participate in multidisciplinary clinics with a variety of pediatric subspecialty providers.
- Integral role in school advocacy and collaboration on behalf of patient or family.
- Assist with the transition from pediatrics to adult specialty care that is crucial for continuity of care.
- Direct case management and coordination of care, including assessment of basic living needs, health insurance, legal aid assistance, employment support, social benefits programs, guardianship and other alternatives, etc.
- Serve as a resource and community resource navigator.
- Provide counseling and therapy sessions for patients.
About pediatric primary care opportunities:
- Improve accessibility of quality mental health care
- Work closely with the child’s primary care provider to offer a team approach to the child’s physical and mental health needs
- Address the effects trauma can have on behavior and emotions
- Be a strong advocate and ally for LGBTQ patients and families
- Provide case management services for families to discuss services such as food, housing assistance, insurance inquires, legal aid assistance, employment and income support, navigating family court and other basic needs
- Connect patients to community partners for specialized treatment options when necessary
Requirements for Licensed Clinical Social Worker Positions
- Master’s degree in social work
- Licensed in Kentucky as a clinical social worker
Norton Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
When children have headaches or experience migraine, it is usually not necessary to make a referral to a neurologist right away. Michael K. Sowell, M.D. and Elizabeth S. Doll, M.D., pediatric neurologists at Norton Children’s […]Read Full Story
Wilson E. Reinke, M.D. Pediatrics Lilly Giang, APRN Pediatric Emergency MedicineRead Full Story
Goodwill Industries of Kentucky, Norton Healthcare break ground on $100 million Norton Healthcare Goodwill Opportunity Campus
Today, Goodwill Industries of Kentucky and Norton Healthcare broke ground on the Norton Healthcare Goodwill Opportunity Campus at 28th Street and Broadway that will include a 120,000 square-foot opportunity center and the first hospital west of Ninth Street in […]Read Full Story
Cristy Abreu, M.D. Hospital Medicine Thomas W. Johnston III, M.D. Hospital Medicine Lisa Coleman, LCSW Pediatric Neurology Clayton K. Condon, APRN Cardiology Loren Garza, APRN Gastroenterology Marie Honeycutt, APRN Family Medicine Hannah Niewadomski, APRN Gastroenterology […]Read Full Story
Children with scoliosis or other conditions that require frequent imaging and the accompanying radiation risks now have a low-dose imaging option. The EOS Imaging full-body imaging system delivers 50% to 85% less radiation than traditional [...]Read Full Story