Merilda Blanco-Guzman, M.D., has joined Norton Infectious Disease Specialists and will practice on the downtown campus.
Dr. Blanco-Guzman, who is board certified in infectious diseases, completed her fellowship in the field at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, Missouri. She was in Washington University’s mentored training program in clinical investigation while pursuing a Master of Science degree in clinical investigation.
Dr. Blanco-Guzman also served as an assistant professor of medicine at Washington University School of Medicine since 2016.
She completed her residency at Saint Raphael Hospital in New Haven, Connecticut, after receiving her medical degree from Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra in Santiago, Dominican Republic.
Physicians with Norton Infectious Disease Specialists provide advanced infectious disease care to patients living in Louisville and Southern Indiana. Our providers are experienced in managing and treating a variety of conditions including:
- Treating and curing patients with hepatitis C through dedicated Norton Complex Care Clinics
- Bone and joint infections
- Clostridium difficile (C. diff)
- Diabetic foot infections
- Hepatitis B
- HIV including pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) and post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) for HIV prevention
- Syphilis and other sexually transmitted diseases
Refer a Patient
To refer a patient, use the online referral form.