The Norton Healthcare – Sullivan University Post Graduate APP Fellowship Program is designed to transition graduate physician assistants and nurse practitioners from general practice to specialized practice in an acute care setting.
The program offers two resident placements per specialty. The 12-month program contains a mix of didactic and clinical experiences throughout the postgraduate year. Fellows will participate in structured post-graduate education training experiences within Norton Healthcare to acquire advanced knowledge and skills in the delivery of patient care, research, and education. Fellows will also complete a longitudinal Teaching Certificate Program through Sullivan University to develop and hone knowledge, skills, and confidence in the areas of teaching and precepting.
This fellowship is seeking membership with the Association of Post-Graduate PA Programs (APPAP) and will seek credentialing.
Available Fellowships for 2023:
- Critical Care
Fellowship Program Faculty:
- Kristen D. Young, MSPAS, PA-C, Advanced Practice Provider Fellowship Program Director | Email
- Kyle A. Nauert, DNP, AGACNP-BC, FNP-C, Nurse Practitioner Program Director | Email
- Maroun M. Ghossein, M.D., Advanced Practice Provider Fellowship Medical Director | Email
- Erin Chalmers, DMSc, MSPAS, PA-C, Sullivan Fellowship Coordinator | Email
Critical Care Fellowship
The 12-month critical care fellowship is designed to transition graduate nurse practitioners and physician assistants to the specialized practice of critical care medicine.
Applications must be submitted via single email with the following: (one PDF file is preferred)
- Active Basic Life Support/Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support certifications
- Three letters of recommendation (one from physician assistant or nurse practitioner program, others must be from a physician, physician assistant or nurse practitioner) with contact information
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of intent (one to two pages)
Critical Care Faculty Coordinators:
- Physician Assitants: Kristen D. Young, MSPAS, PA-C | Email
- Nurse Practitioners: Michelle G. “Shelley” Urquhart, MSN, APRN, AGACNP-BC, FNP-C | Email
Fellows will have full-time Norton Healthcare employee benefits, including but not limited to health, dental, and vision insurance; continuing medical education (CME) allowance and CME days; competitive paid time off (PTO) and salary.
Candidates must be graduates or candidates for graduation of either of:
- A physician assistant program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA)
- An acute-care nurse practitioner program or adult gerontology acute-care nurse practitioner program accredited by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN)
Candidates must successfully pass the Physician Assistant National Certifying Examination (PANCE) or acute-care nurse practitioner boards and be eligible or have an active Kentucky physician assistant or advanced practice registered nurse license.
We’re Proud to Be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Norton Healthcare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind, and are committed to providing a work environment where all our employees feel valued and respected. All our employment decisions are conducted based on business needs and job requirements, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We value the diversity and uniqueness of our employees and encourage those from all backgrounds to apply and find a home with us.
Norton Healthcare Policies and Accessibility Available Upon Request
Norton Healthcare strives to make the Norton Healthcare Careers site accessible to all job seekers. If you’re a candidate with a disability, we will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your needs during the application process.
If you have a disability and need to request a reasonable accommodation, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Norton Healthcare human resources department maintains the company’s Affirmative Action plans. They are available upon request by emailing email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity