The new Atrial Fibrillation Clinic at Norton Heart & Vascular Institute Heart Rhythm Center is accepting referrals for newly diagnosed patients, those with paroxysmal or persistent symptomatic atrial fibrillation (A-fib) and patients who are having difficulty with their current treatment.
The clinic is designed for evaluation, diagnosis and advanced treatment for A-fib.
Newly diagnosed patients can get same-day or next-day appointments.
HYBRID ABLATION CASE STUDY: Left ventricular function normalized, medication reduced
Our team is dedicated to working collaboratively with you to improve your patients’ quality of life, prevent recurrent admissions and improve long-term prognoses. We will work closely with you to create a care plan that keeps you as their referring clinician as a key part to their care team.
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute Heart Rhythm Center
The Springs Medical Center, Suite 200
6420 Dutchmans Parkway
Louisville, KY 40205
From lifestyle changes to medication and surgical options, our programs are tailored to meet your patients’ needs. Our services feature:
- Evaluation for advanced treatment options, including ablation and implantable devices such as Watchman
- Hybrid ablation program in collaboration with cardiothoracic surgery. Also known as the convergent procedure, hybrid ablation combines electrophysiology with minimally invasive cardiothoracic surgery to ablate diseased tissue on the inside and outside of the heart in one procedure.
- Implanted device monitoring services
- Dedicated A-fib nurse navigator for education and coordination with other specialties
When to refer
Refer patients to the Atrial Fibrillation Clinic for any of the following:
- Newly diagnosed atrial fibrillation
- Paroxysmal or persistent symptomatic atrial fibrillation
- Difficulties with or intolerance to current treatment for atrial fibrillation
How to refer
- In Epic: Select “Ambulatory Referral to AFib Clinic”
- You can choose urgency of referral needed under “Priority” and include any pertinent notes or requests under the “Comment” section.
- Call: (502) 629-AFIB (2342) and speak with Jennifer Brown, R.N., A-fib nurse navigator
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org